SVH Laboratory Services provides a broad range of anatomic pathology and clinical laboratory diagnostic services to our patients. To put it simply, we can handle any of your laboratory needs: once our phlebotomists have drawn your blood (or any other type of specimen your doctor needs us to obtain), our highly regarded team of physicians, technologists, and support staff provide the most modern techniques to make an accurate diagnosis on your specimen, whether that is a blood test, urine screening a biopsy, fine needle aspiration, or any specimen sent to the hospital laboratory. We are a COLA nationally accredited lab, affording you the peace of mind that your results meet the strictest standards.
Our Laboratory is always open for inpatient and outpatient testing. We recommend the best time to visit the Laboratory for outpatient tests is from 8 AM to 5 PM on Mondays through Fridays.
SVH Open Lab Service
The SVH Phlebotomy team offers open laboratory services at SVH Family Care locations during the week:
- Clinton: Every Monday through Friday; 8 AM to 11 AM. Provided in conjunction with Cardiology Services. SVH Family Care, 1309 Main Street, Clinton
- Newport: Every Monday through Thursday; 7 AM - 8:30 AM. SVH Family Care, Triangle Plaza, Newport
- Pittsfield: Every Monday through Friday; 7:30 AM - Noon. SVH Family Care, 470 Somerset Ave., Pittsfield
Our Open Lab Service is
- Open to patients of any provider
- The same quality and service you’ve come to trust with SVH Phlebotomists at the hospital
- Able to draw any standing lab orders from any provider
- Available without appointments!
SVH "HouseCall" Home Phlebotomy Service
Our Laboratory team of professionals truly care about each and every patient: you are not a "number" to us. We recognize that there are times when you may be too sick or injured to come to one of our locations. In these instances, we are able to come to you. If you live within 30 miles of Sebasticook Valley hospital, take advantage of our Home Phlebotomy Service, "HouseCall." Ask your doctor for a referral, and we can do the rest.
For more information about any of our services, please call 487.4000 ext. 4080.